If you are here for Chrono Trigger, do not worry there are more guide posts that will be coming in. Don't forget to check out the Chrono Trigger Mini game guide.
Related Guides: Chrono Trigger Battle Mechanics and Character Stats Guide, and Chrono Trigger Mini game guide.
This post contains the Chrono Trigger Battle Mechanics and Character Stats guide, it will also open your eyes to formulas, defense, and in-game strategies.
Chrono Trigger Battle Mechanics and Character Stats Guide
Haze Piece. Let's get straight to the guides for Chrono Trigger:-
1. Trying out Physical Defense
- SNES: Equip OzziePants, Moon Armor, and Power Seal.
- DS: Equip Ozzie Pants, choice of armor, and Power Seal.
- Equip OzziePants, Prism Dress, and Power Seal for both SNES and DS.
2. In-game Defense Mechanics
- Physical damages won't affect much.
- Influenced by equipped armor and stamina.
- Helps you dodge attacks that can cause physical damage from opponents
Note: Most magic attacks can’t be dodged.
>> Magic Defense
- Lowers damage from magical attacks.
- Enhances defense. Impacts certain tech damages.
3. Some Character Special Damage Techniques
Robo’s Crisis Arm:
- Dynamic damage depending on Robo’s current HP and attack value.
- Best utilized in the later stages of the game.
- Formula: Attack = ((Power × 4/3) + (Weapon × 5/9))
- Damage = ((Attack/2 * Last HP digit) * 2)
Ayla’s Bronze Fist:
- Achievable at level 96.
- Critical strike delivers 9,999 damage.
- Damage multiplier depends on your game playtime’s final second.
- Amplifies in strength as more allies perish.
4. Damage Mechanics
- Equal to Attack value multiplied by four.
- Modified by a random number for dynamism.
- Defense and magic defense adjust the non-random part.
5. Some Character Damage Attack Formulas
- Ayla: Attack = ((Power × 1.75) + (Level² ÷ 45.5))
- Lucca and Marle: Attack = ((Hit + Weapon) × 2/3)
- Males: Attack = ((Power × 4/3) + (Weapon × 5/9))
6. Important Variables in Damage Calculation
- Represents a character’s accuracy.
- Only relevant for Lucca and Marle’s damage formulas.
- Affects the hit rate for normal attacks and certain physical techs.
- Calculation: 1 Hit equals 2/3 Attack for Lucca and Marle.
- Indicates a character’s physical strength.
- Pertinent for Ayla and male characters’ damage formulas.
- Calculation: 1 PWR is 4/3 attack for males, 1.75 attack for Ayla.
- Reflects character progression and strength.
- Influences all magic attacks, certain techs, and Ayla’s attack formula.
- The power of a weapon.
- Affects all characters except for Ayla.
- Found on the pause menu.
- Derived from Power and Weapon values.
- Initial value is decimal but rounded to a whole number.
- The number shown when attacking an enemy.
7. Basic Mechanics
- Attacks are non-elemental, physical techniques.
- They strike an enemy once.
- There’s a potential to deal double damage with a “crit” (critical strike).
Other Chrono Trigger Guides:
Join us on Telegram
- Chrono Trigger Battle Mechanics and Character Stats Guide
- Chrono Trigger Walkthrough - (Fairground Mini Games)
- Chrono Trigger Sealed Chests Guide - (Rules & Access)
Thanks for reading my blog post on the Chrono Trigger Battle Mechanics and Character Stats Guide. If this post answers your questions, bookmark my blog for more game content, and if you want to add a suggestion, drop a comment.